Today we met with the Neurosurgeon to see what we do next regarding Suzie's head. Her head has grown 1.2 centimeters since three weeks ago when we last saw him. So like we had predicted, the doctor decided that she needs a revision on her shunt. The surgery is scheduled for next Friday at 7:30am. The most likely problem is that the valve has some debris in it or one of the catheters on the ventricle end is partially obstructed. That would be much simpler than if they have to replace the entire shunt. She most likely will only have to stay in the hospital for one night and we can stay with her. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors and that the issue would be easily resolved and that she would recover quickly.
I had an emotional morning thinking about my baby girl going in for surgery again. I think it will be harder on all of us this time since we are so used to having her here with us all the time now. But we know that we have SO much to be thankful for and we praise God for how well Suzie is doing. Thank you so much for your prayers!
Here are some of our recent family pictures:)
2 years ago