Thursday, July 12, 2007

Loyalty and Love

One thing I really appreciated about this chapter on Ruth is that it gave me a new look at Ruth's love and loyalty to God and not just to Naomi. I have always read this story and thought that when she says, "Your people shall be my people; and your God, my God," that it was showing her loyalty to Naomi and not necessarily to God. That if Naomi had served a false God, she still would have followed her and made this false God her God. But John explains it so well that this was an act of faith for Ruth and she was a believer...and that it must have been Naomi's powerful testimony that the Lord used to save her! How amazing is that? Your testimony can be used by God to save your daughter-in-law...or any family member. I found this so encouraging as we have many unsaved family members and challenged me to really have faith that God can save them and that I need to be aware of my testimony at all times.

No comments: